item Glossary for engineering is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-07-28. The program can be installed on Android.
Being able to use the right technical terminology in a foreign language is becoming increasingly important for mechanical engineering students and fully qualified mechanical engineers.
The item Glossary aims to help users do just that.
This useful reference work combines a technical dictionary with an illustrated glossary and example sentences to offer an innovative approach to ensuring technical terminology is understood and used appropriately.
The item Glossary currently contains entries in English and German.
There are plans to extend the range of languages to include Spanish and Chinese.
- Dictionary comprising approx. 60,000 entries
- Glossary of approx. 1,500 entries incl. synonyms
- 11000 example sentences
- The entries explain terms in brief using related technical terminology. Every glossary entry has been translated by technical translators who work in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Users learn the correct translation and usage for a whole range of technical terms.
- The entries in the dictionary and glossary are based on specialist course literature and reference works used by qualified engineers.
- Approx. 20,000 example sentences for terms from the glossary and dictionary
- The example sentences come from technical translations.
- Approx. 500 labelled drawings accompany the glossary entries
The item Glossary is a work in progress.
More content will be added step by step until it reaches the planned size.
- The current version incorporates the following topic areas: Ergonomics, mechanics, conveying technology, design engineering, production processes, mechatronics, control technology, metrology and electrical engineering.
- The following topic areas are currently being prepared: Machine dynamics, production, material strength, mathematics and material science.
item Industrietechnik GmbH is the leading developer and supplier of building kit systems for industrial applications. As an innovative company, we want to support a system of education and knowledge transfer that prepares people for the future. We hope this technical glossary will be a helpful resource throughout your studies and career.
item – Your ideas are worth it.
item Glossary for engineering (version 2.0.1) has a file size of 393.22 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 5 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.